Artist Opportunities from Xico
We’ve been waiting out the cold weather here at Xico by planning our spring events and we’ve got some great ones coming up. Artists, here’s your chance to get involved in some great opportunities. Call (480-833-5875) or email Xico for more info.
1. “Reach Within” January 18- March 10, 2012 at Xico (44 S. San Marcos Pl Chandler, AZ 85225). Deadline to submit artwork is January 4th, 2011. The exhibition opening reception will be January 27, 2012. Featuring small treasures; works of art that express the rich creativity within the artist. Artists may submit 3 to 4 pieces, each piece should be 2’x2’ or smaller. Artists must submit all of the following by JAN 4th to be considered for the show:
1. Artist’s statement/bio and photo of the artist
2. List of 3 or 4 pieces for submission w/title, medium, price, size.
3. Images of the pieces for submission. Low res photos are fine.
Send submissions to email@example.com
2. Clocks! It’s that time again- Xico’s Annual Dinner and Art Auction is in February and we need artists to create objects for our silent auction. This year the theme is “the end of days” so we’re creating clocks. Any artists that want to get a clock of their own, please contact Xico. We provide the clock, you provide the creativity. This project lets artists help out their favorite community arts org (we are your favorites right?) and show off their artistic talents to the art collectors who attend our Annual Dinner and Art Auction.
3. “Celebrating Beauty, an Artist’s Perspective” Xico is teaming up with Cuervo Studio, and Hugo Medina to present the best art detour exhibit ever! The juried exhibit will be on display at The Crescent Ballroom ( http://www.crescentphx.com/ ) during Art Detour March 16th – 18th 2012. Only new artwork will be considered, and proposals for art are due January 9th. Pieces must be 30″ x 30″ or larger. We do have access to a projector so multimedia proposals are accepted and encouraged. Please call to discuss 3D work. We are also looking for live models, artists interested in body painting and jewelry artists for a fashion show. More info and submission guidelines.